Spring/Summer Fantasy Recommendations



Hemlock Queen - 4/5 stars, sequel to the Foxglove King. Romantasy! I can't be the only one pining for Bastian, Gabriel and Lore to just all be together right guys? Give me book three after that cliffhanger. Really enjoyed the gods backstory in this one and how they are all tied together. 

 A Feather so Black - a fun adult romantasy for fans of the Cruel Prince and Emily Wilde. Fae, changelings and curses galore. It's also a swan lake retelling! This book set out to do a lot in 500 pages and pulls it off well. Excited for book 2 in the series. 





Lady of Light and Shadows - 4/5 stars. Second book in the Tairen Soul series, now with new covers! This is a romantasy series for fans of acotar. I enjoyed this one a lot more than the first. Absolutely despise the main character's mother. I'm excited for book 3. 




Upcoming fantasy -
The Amethyst Kingdom - 5/5 stars and the fifth and last book in The Five Crowns of Okrith series! Review - I love this series, I'm so sad it's over but also so happy. This was a fun conclusion I loved the seed twist at the end. The romance in this book was giving second chance and hate to love. Also fated mates of course. One thing that surprised me in this book is there's chronic illness rep the main character has extremely painful periods. A lot of her other symptoms relate to PCOS though it's not said. 


Castle of the Cursed - 3/5 stars. Fast paced at just about 300 pages. The gothic horror vibes are fun but the inter-dimensional worlds are a confusing aspect and didn't care much for the romance. The magic was intriguing as well as the house and the blood background. 



Daughter of Calamity  3/5 stars. This weirded reminded me of a mix between Dollmaker and Anatomy. This is an adult historical fantasy that follows a showgirl named Jingwen in Shanghai. Her grandmother works for a powerful gang as a surgeon. Cabaret dancers get their faces stolen and Jingwen might be next. She starts to try to solve the attacks. 





Goddess of the River 4/5 stars. Beautifully written retelling of Ganga. I loved the mythology aspects in this one, less so the human politics. I could read about Ganga all day but when we switched POVs it would drag. I loved seeing things from her perspective and how she could change like the moon. Reminded me a lot of Katara from ATLA. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Urban Boys

books out August 1!

Finch House