Queerly Beloved


Queerly Beloved 

By Susie Dumond




 4/5 stars

TW for homophobia  

Genre - LGBT+ contemporary romance 

Published May 23rd 2022 

400 pages 

Rep - lesbian, gay

Review -

I've seen Queerly Beloved at my local indie bookstore & the airport, but finally got my hold in at the library! I usually read YA romcoms, so adult is a bit different for me, but it was still really enjoyable. This book follows Amy after she gets outed at the religious bakery she works at and fired. At the same time, she starts dating a girl named Charley. I actually liked reading more about Amy finding a job she's good at/accepted at than I did the romance. If you like baking books or weddings, you'll enjoy this!  I wish more had been done about the homophobic bakery, but that's also realistic to the year we were in sadly. I did like the conversations on LGBT+ marriages. I remember being twelve and hearing about that on Tumblr and being so happy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Urban Boys

books out August 1!

Finch House